WELCOME TO OUR CLASSROOM
Parlor Education Day is a weekly workshop event combining the experience of our educators and eagerness of our apprentices in a training environment where we discuss, execute, and refine techniques and trends. All activity is in preparation for selecting the cream of the crop to become stylists in one of our two locations. Built out of our reputation of passion and skill dating back to Parlor’s 1994 beginnings. It is on this day that future members of the Parlor Beauty Squad develop a solid command of their tools and techniques to draw from when offering services as official members of the Parlor Beauty Squad.
Appointments are available on Mondays as early as 1:00pm
or as late as 4 or 5pm.
These services are only available at Parlor on Avenue B in the East Village
Haircuts . . . . . . . $20+
Color . . . . . . . . . $30+
Highlights . . . . . . $40+
… additional COLOR up charges in increments of $10
HAIR MODEL PARTICIPATION IN
THREE EASY STEPS
Email the Parlor Beauty Squad with your name, phone number, and an image of your hair showing color roots and all, length, and texture to: Model@parlorhairsalon.com.
SUBJECT LINE RE: “Education Day Model”
An educator will consult with you through email and determine the appropriate apprentice based on your needs and ours.
A Parlor reservation specialist will contact you by phone to secure your reservation.
TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR PROGRAM YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. All education appointments require a credit card or $20 cash deposit to secure an appointment. Models are the key to our apprentices training success. We ask that participants be dependable and give a 24 hour notice of cancellation or change of appointment or deposit will be forfeited. Our apprentices progress is linked to the dependability of our models so please give notice if you cannot make it so someone else can take your place. Cancellation fee is STRICTLY enforced!
2. We limit participation to once every 6 months per service.
Education participants may receive a 20% discount on their first service with Parlor’s “New Talent” Stylists who have recently completed
the Parlor Training Program and are building their clientele.
3. Please allow a flexible amount of time. Our training is thorough and you should allow more time than you would for a salon level stylist at Parlor.
Haircuts approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Color/highlighting from 2 to 3 1/2 hours
4. We do not color hair that is below shoulder blades in order to keep timing and product costs reasonable.
5. No children (including babies) or pets can be present. In order to provide an atmosphere of concentration and to limit distractions,
allowing the apprentice to focus their full attention on your hair.
REDO POLICY FOR EDUCATION DAY MODELS
If you are unhappy for any reason we absolutely encourage you to contact us!
If we can fix it right there that is always our preferred option, if not we will reschedule you for another education day ASAP.
We strive to have the same apprentice with instructor guidance adjust your service. This is the ultimate learning experience
and is an integral part of our process. Any adjustments to services will only be done on Mondays.